HIV/AIDS Research Initiative
The CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative is managed by the CIHR Institute of Infection and Immunity (III) under the leadership of Dr. Marc Ouellette.
The CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative is responsible for the management and oversight of the research components of the major Government of Canada initiative in HIV/AIDS, namely the Federal Initiative to Address HIV/AIDS in Canada. This initiative provides approximately $21M annually to support researchers and trainees through the four research funding streams of the CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative:
- Biomedical and clinical
- Health services and population health
- Community-Based Research
- CIHR Canadian HIV Trials Network
The CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative is guided by the CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Advisory Committee (CHARAC), which is comprised of members representing various areas of HIV/AIDS research, government, and HIV/AIDS community organizations.
HIV/AIDS Research Initiative Links:
- CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative: Strategic plan (2015-2020)
- CIHR Centres for HIV/AIDS Population Health and Health Services Research
- CIHR HIV Comorbidity Research Agenda
- Featured researchers
- Contact III
- Date modified: