Project Grant Program
- January 8, 2018 - Registration open for applicant webinars about the Project Grant: Spring 2018 competition
- December 21, 2017 – Priority Announcements and the Project Grant: Spring 2018 competition – Frequently Asked Questions
- November 6, 2017 – Updates on the Fall 2017 Project Grant competition
- October 25, 2017 – Clarifying CIHR’s Investigator-Initiated Programs Budget
- October 23, 2017 – Project Grant: Fall 2017 - Health Research Community Survey on Peer Review Committees
Follow our news and updates on Twitter
At a glance
The Project Grant program is designed to capture ideas with the greatest potential to advance health-related fundamental or applied knowledge, health research, health care, health systems, and/or health outcomes. It supports projects with:
- a specific purpose; and,
- a defined endpoint.
The best ideas may stem from:
- new, incremental, innovative, and/or high-risk lines of inquiry; or,
- Knowledge translation approaches.
Project grants are designed to support researchers at any career stage to build and conduct health-related research and knowledge translation projects across CIHR's mandate. An individual cannot submit more than two Project Grant applications per competition as a Nominated Principal Applicant. If a Nominated Principal Applicant submits more than two applications, CIHR will automatically remove the last application submitted based on time-stamp of submission.
Next important dates
Email our Contact Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: