General application process: Overview
Table of Contents
- Set up accounts (Register with CIHR)
- Complete an application
- Await notification for decision
- Get help
1. Set up accounts (Register with CIHR)
In order to submit an application, you must first have the following items:
- ResearchNet account;
- CIHR PIN;
- Canadian Common CV (CCV) Account.
Additional details on CCV requirements are available in the CCV Frequently Asked Questions for CIHR Applicants, as well as CIHR’s Register with CIHR and CCV Information web pages.
2. Complete an application
In order to complete an application in ResearchNet, you must:
- Find the funding opportunity you wish to apply for.
- Login using your ResearchNet account information.
- Review the Funding Opportunity Details.
- Follow the “How to Apply” instructions provided in the funding opportunity.
- Complete all tasks in ResearchNet.
For more information on how to complete and submit an application in ResearchNet, please refer to the specific funding opportunity and relevant Application Guidelines. Please note that in addition to the full application, some funding opportunities include additional phases, such as Registration and Letter of Intent.
3. Await notification of decision
The Notification of Decision (NOD) is posted on the Funding Opportunity and is the date that CIHR releases the decisions to applicants following the peer review of a particular funding opportunity through ResearchNet.
As part of the decision notification process through ResearchNet, applicants receive their reviews and Scientific Officer (SO) notes (if available).
Approved applications that have been flagged for Special Attention are withheld as "pending". Applicants are notified if further information is required.
Results are posted in CIHR’s Funding Decisions after applicants have been notified at the end of the peer review process.
4. Get help
Please direct all inquiries related to the application process to the CIHR Contact Centre.
- Date modified: